XXXXXXXSouth Hackney Escorts - AllStars London Escorts | Cheap outcall escort service in London

South Hackney

South Hackney

London Escorts Areas / South Hackney

South Hackney is a district in the London Borough of Hackney situated north east of Charing Cross. It is immediately north of Victoria Park, East London and the area centred on Victoria Park Road and Lauriston Road. Sometimes known as Victoria Park Village, particularly by estate agents, to distinguish the residential area from the rest of Hackney. In Tudor period, South Hackney consisted of two small settlements. One around the modern Grove and Lauriston Roads; the other where Grove Street and Well Street meet. There were two moated houses, the one on the north side of Well Street belonging to the Knights Hospitaller in 1416. The house survived into the 18th century, but by then it was in decline and the tenants included chimney sweeps. This is commemorated by the name of the Two Black Boys public house.[http://www.learningcurve.gov.uk/tudorhackney/localhistory/lochhy4.asp Tudor Hackney at the National Archives] accessed 31 October 2006 In Church Crescent, near the church are six almshouses, created by a bequest from William Monger in 1669, and funded by land on Hackney Marshes. This land subsequently came into the control of Sir John Cass. The almshouses were rebuilt in 1849, with funds from Sir John Cass's Foundation.[http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp?compid=22719 Hackney: Charities for the Poor, A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 10: Hackney (1995), pp. 166-72] Date accessed: 31 October 2006. Victoria Park was laid out between 1842–46, the large Victorian era villas that characterise this area were built soon after. South Hackney originally had a chapel of ease, but became an independent parish in 1825, with the parish church of St John the Baptist erected in 1848.[http://homepages.gold.ac.uk/genuki/MDX/Hackney/HackneyHistory.html Hackney in 1878] accessed 30 October 2006 The area is well served by shops, restaurants and public houses.

Education

South Hackney is a district in the London Borough of Hackney situated north east of Charing Cross. It is immediately north of Victoria Park, East London and the area centred on Victoria Park Road and Lauriston Road. Sometimes known as Victoria Park Village, particularly by estate agents, to distinguish the residential area from the rest of Hackney. In Tudor period, South Hackney consisted of two small settlements. One around the modern Grove and Lauriston Roads; the other where Grove Street and Well Street meet. There were two moated houses, the one on the north side of Well Street belonging to the Knights Hospitaller in 1416. The house survived into the 18th century, but by then it was in decline and the tenants included chimney sweeps. This is commemorated by the name of the Two Black Boys public house.[http://www.learningcurve.gov.uk/tudorhackney/localhistory/lochhy4.asp Tudor Hackney at the National Archives] accessed 31 October 2006 In Church Crescent, near the church are six almshouses, created by a bequest from William Monger in 1669, and funded by land on Hackney Marshes. This land subsequently came into the control of Sir John Cass. The almshouses were rebuilt in 1849, with funds from Sir John Cass's Foundation.[http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp?compid=22719 Hackney: Charities for the Poor, A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 10: Hackney (1995), pp. 166-72] Date accessed: 31 October 2006. Victoria Park was laid out between 1842–46, the large Victorian era villas that characterise this area were built soon after. South Hackney originally had a chapel of ease, but became an independent parish in 1825, with the parish church of St John the Baptist erected in 1848.[http://homepages.gold.ac.uk/genuki/MDX/Hackney/HackneyHistory.html Hackney in 1878] accessed 30 October 2006 The area is well served by shops, restaurants and public houses.

Transport and locale

{{Geographic Location
|title = '''Neighbouring areas of London.'''
|Northwest = Hackney Central
|North = Homerton
|Northeast = Hackney Wick
|West = London Fields
|Centre = South Hackney
|East = Stratford, London
|Southwest = Cambridge Heath
|South = Victoria Park, East LondonMile End
|Southeast = Bow, London
}}
[[Image:Hackney districts.gif|thumb|upright|right|Districts within the London Borough of Hackney.]]
There are no London Underground stations in the district, but Mile End tube station, a mile to the south is served by the Hammersmith & City line, District line and Central lines. South Hackney is a district in the London Borough of Hackney situated north east of Charing Cross. It is immediately north of Victoria Park, East London and the area centred on Victoria Park Road and Lauriston Road. Sometimes known as Victoria Park Village, particularly by estate agents, to distinguish the residential area from the rest of Hackney. In Tudor period, South Hackney consisted of two small settlements. One around the modern Grove and Lauriston Roads; the other where Grove Street and Well Street meet. There were two moated houses, the one on the north side of Well Street belonging to the Knights Hospitaller in 1416. The house survived into the 18th century, but by then it was in decline and the tenants included chimney sweeps. This is commemorated by the name of the Two Black Boys public house.[http://www.learningcurve.gov.uk/tudorhackney/localhistory/lochhy4.asp Tudor Hackney at the National Archives] accessed 31 October 2006 In Church Crescent, near the church are six almshouses, created by a bequest from William Monger in 1669, and funded by land on Hackney Marshes. This land subsequently came into the control of Sir John Cass. The almshouses were rebuilt in 1849, with funds from Sir John Cass's Foundation.[http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp?compid=22719 Hackney: Charities for the Poor, A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 10: Hackney (1995), pp. 166-72] Date accessed: 31 October 2006. Victoria Park was laid out between 1842–46, the large Victorian era villas that characterise this area were built soon after. South Hackney originally had a chapel of ease, but became an independent parish in 1825, with the parish church of St John the Baptist erected in 1848.[http://homepages.gold.ac.uk/genuki/MDX/Hackney/HackneyHistory.html Hackney in 1878] accessed 30 October 2006 The area is well served by shops, restaurants and public houses.

References

Category:Districts of Hackney
Category:Areas of London